Friday, September 23, 2011

Open Post What is your vision of God?

I have always wondered what the appearance of god has looked like and Talking about all of these creation myths in class has reinforced that curiosity. Even  the atheists of the world must have some vision of how a god or God may look like. Do you imagine God as a physical thing such as a person or a thing or something else. Do you picture him as giant and human-like or something else?



Picturing God may be easy for some and difficult for others. Since everything in religion is based of faith and imagination, we must use our imaginations to imagine the god that created us. I like to believe that God created us in his own image and that he looks like humans with even more perfection. For some reason I picture him as a father like figure looking like a father or perhaps even a Grandpa. That may be because I do not have a father that is active in my life and perhaps that's the reason for my envision. I see God as all powerful and the mysteries on why he created humans are as much a mystery as it is to anybody.
The theories of creation can get controversial but the many different stories and theories can get very interesting. It has always puzzled me that most people have such a problem with religion because there is no solid proof. Of course I have never had religion shoved down my throat or dictated to me so that may be an aspect of my opinion. I feel that people should believe in their hearts in God because they've got nothing to lose. If they believe and it turns out to not exit then fine but if they choose to not believe and it turns out to be true than threes the fear and consequence of what happens.


Don't ever let religion "rule" or "run" your life and let the church dictate how you live but just simply believe. Going to church may be over rated as well. Some of the worst people act wrongfully and feel that going to church each week justifies their behavior. At the same time some of the kindest, most caring, and compassionate people may not go to church every Sunday and they may be the best of people.


No comments:

Post a Comment